The STC Group

Safeguarding Policy

How to Report a Safeguarding Concern

If you think you or someone you know is being abused, or neglected you should tell someone you trust.

This could be us at Distinguished, a friend, your tutor, your family, a social worker, a doctor, a police officer or someone else that you trust. Ask them to help you stop it, report it or make a complaint and remember that you understand abuse or neglect is never your fault.

Supporting people when concerns are raised about abuse or neglect can be very difficult and distressing for everyone involved. Deciding what’s the right thing to do can be stressful, particularly if the person you are concerned about is reluctant to accept support. If you are not sure what to do you can always seek advice.

To report a crime:

in an emergency, contact the police, tel: 999

If the person is not in immediate danger, contact the police, tel: 101 

Request Help

Please download the Policy and complete the instructions to submit a safeguarding concern. If you need help please complete this form and somebody from the safeguarding team will call you back.