Apprentices can offer huge benefits to employers including higher productivity, quality of work, staff retention and employee satisfaction and reduced costs, but it does not come without some commitment from the employer. STC can assist with advising you on how to get the most out of your apprentice.
In summary, in taking on an apprentice, your commitment will be:
- Give your Apprentice an induction into their job role and provide on-the-job training.
- Pay your Apprentice’s wages (wages should reflect the Apprentice’s skills, experience, ability and the ‘going rate’ for the job role).
- Give your Apprentice time and support to achieve their qualification. (Off the job training)
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations and hold a current employers liability insurance document.
- Allow Trainers/Assessor on-site in your organisation to assess your Apprentice.
Remember if your employee’s don’t have the right skills for the future, then neither does your business!